Ultimate Subaru Message Board

What Have You Done to your Soobie lately? (Please post in here and keep it going)

Ricearu

Thats why I eliminated all the ABS crap on mine and pulled the bulb. ABS is garbage, it keeps you from controlling the vehicle in split second decisions in winter etc, I like being able to lock the wheels up to reposition my self.

Ditto that with the "Traction Control". There are times when one needs to "Put the power to the wheels" to control a situation. Traction Control eliminates that option.

Ditto that with the "Traction Control". There are times when one needs to "Put the power to the wheels" to control a situation. Traction Control eliminates that option.

Likewise there are also times where it's desirable to lock up the wheels. Or just use one's ABF (anti-lock brake foot) which a nicely trained one works better than ABS.

Friend couldn't get a FWD volvo out of my driveway. I gave it a try.... finally turned off traction control and it made it right up. It was amazing. With TCS on it was totally useless, off, it plowed right on up.

random my rump roast, that was just right place right time. oh forgot to mention the trans swap on your legacy a week ago. so glad we got that done so quick. a week quicker than the sedan axel replacement.:eek:

oh right, trans swap... on this little gem right here

photobucket-7713-1312931395756.jpg

Skid plate installed on the 87 GL (with 4" SJR lift and 27 A/T's), and tested. :) We did the Silverton to Ouray portion of the Alpine Loop in CO. This is highly recommended for you axle-breakers. I must say, I got a lot of looks from Texans in fancy rental rubicons. Maybe I should reverse those capitals... They sure don't understand 4x4 etiquette.

Oh, I also installed a 2nd radiator fan. That thing is key to keeping a 190F-210F temp range with subaru thermostat.

I also figured out that my great running ea82 webber setup is not so great when extremely tipped towards the passenger side. I guess it becomes flooded or something.

New tires on the front of the Loyale!

Shouldn't get stuck anytime soon.

They are 165/80's but it's too early to tell if it will even make a difference.

100_7091.JPG

Those tyres look awesome mate! Got any details on them? We're pretty stuck down here for a decent tread on the standard size tyre for offroading. The best we've got is the Hancook winter Ipike which goes great in the snow but wears out super quick if you're not actually driving in snowy conditions!

Cheers

Bennie

Those tyres look awesome mate! Got any details on them? We're pretty stuck down here for a decent tread on the standard size tyre for offroading. The best we've got is the Hancook winter Ipike which goes great in the snow but wears out super quick if you're not actually driving in snowy conditions!

Cheers

Bennie

Sorry, those are some NOS tires we picked up off Craigslist. They are Mohawk Sno Belts; As far as I can tell they haven't been made since the 80's. This is a snow tire too, even studdable, hopefully it doesn't wear out too fast.

Sorry, those are some NOS tires we picked up off Craigslist. They are Mohawk Sno Belts; As far as I can tell they haven't been made since the 80's. This is a snow tire too, even studdable, hopefully it doesn't wear out too fast.

New tires on the front of the Loyale!

Hope they match the rear tires size.

Replaced the axles, inspected brakes, added a wee bit more greese to the wheel bearings, installed an oil cooler, and changed the oil in preperation for the trip to WCSS13 on my sister's Subaru.

Found the vacume leak on my brother's SVX after he replaced the spark plugs - It doesn't idle very well when the air control valve hose is disconnected.:grin:

I had a oil pool the size of a Justy wheel under the PandaWagon the other day. And where is it leaking from? Oh yes, the backside of the engine. :mad: So, out comes the engine - found the new rear main seal and the access holes for the piston pins were leaking. Replaced them, and put the engine back in. I just need to finish reinstalling the wiring and hoses, add coolant and oil and the PandaWagon will be set for the trip to WCSS13.:banana: