Ultimate Subaru Message Board

What Have You Done to your Soobie lately? (Please post in here and keep it going)

Ricearu

I have officially retired my '02 WRX and am finding sheltered storage for her and my '86 brat while I focus on being a mom for the first time... and being in momma-bear-nesting-mode just purchased a 2015 Crosstrek in dark grey metallic for a DD that isn't going to need repairs and what not left and right for quite some time.

It's been a good day :)

• Like 5

I have officially retired my '02 WRX and am finding sheltered storage for her and my '86 brat while I focus on being a mom for the first time... and being in momma-bear-nesting-mode just purchased a 2015 Crosstrek in dark grey metallic for a DD that isn't going to need repairs and what not left and right for quite some time.

Pics? Never seen a DGM xv... 

well, I started to replace my original equipment accelerator cable with one I got from between a rock and a hard place, without naming source directly :( . The square hole in the firewall is, well, if a 12mm drill bit fits perfect, hole must be 12mm x 12mm. The plastic lump was made by someone using half inch as the rough guide at about 13mm x12mm. Just not gonna fit until a file got to work.

The ends crimped onto cable was also crude, the excess material stressed out from the pressing, well, remained as a lump so not to fit the round hole of the acc pedal, so been down there with a file. Already ground the carb end on the grinder, but thought other end fitted my sample hole OK.

I am expecting my other US spares soon, will grind them both to fit as soon as they arrive from thier little vacation plot on the Tsunami coast.

LHD cables are about 100mm longer than RHD, little extra appreciated, so too the price difference from Aus genuine to US aftermarket 6:1 price ratio

or if it does need repairs will be dealer done for a warranty period.

Edited by jono
  • Like 1

in the past 4 months I've done quite a bit of work to my 1986 Subaru rx 4 door sedan what I have done first is an EJ22 swap and just finished yesterday my 2 inch SJR lift

Can't wait to show it off at the next WCSS

hope to see most of you there

Your Subie looks Fantastic!  

Lifted RX + EJ22 Swap = Awesomeness.

Do you plan to paint it or do any mod to the body?

Kind Regards.

yeah I plan to repaint it at some point thinking about just keeping it the factory silver and the decals on the side of the door that says 4WD turbo RX I plan to change it to say 4WD EJ2.2 RX as for body mods probably nothing other than possibly a custom bumper that looks factory but will have a winch init

• Like 1

I finally got the Herculiner brush on bed liner done on the 87 Brat yesterday.  Surface scratches and very minor rust was sanded down and the entire bed was treated with Corroseal rust converter, allowed to dry completely (I let it rest for two days, but one at least day is recommended), and then two coats (@4 hours between coats) of Herculiner was applied.  I took the SS trim and rear window vertical bars out; all panels in the bed were removed, treated and coated with two coats, then re-installed.  I still need to finish the vertical bars, one of them has some surface rust.  The decision  on whether to cover the rear window surround areas was a challenge, but I decided it would be better to just do the whole surface.  Satisfied overall; will see how long it lasts.

post-2237-0-00222900-1434770208_thumb.jpg

post-2237-0-88735400-1434770208_thumb.jpg

post-2237-0-70693900-1434770209_thumb.jpg

post-2237-0-59692700-1434770354_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

Replaced all the struts on my forester. The fronts went pretty well, and the rears went ok, too. Except that I have drum brakes and when I touched the brake lines they disintegrated... Fortunately I keep a roll of brake line and flare nuts so I replaced those. Then while bleeding I noticed the line further up weeping, fixed that.... Stupid cars.

By some miracle I managed in getting flare nuts AND bleeder screws loose on both sides. All that stuff looks like it was dredged up from the Titanic, so I was pleasantly surprised.

• Like 1

Can you show me more pics of how the rear side seatbelts are attached? In particular, the strap holding them up so the belt goes over the shoulder.

The cars here have that pivot on the C pillar, which usually means that the belt isn't actually touching the shoulder...

Can you show me more pics of how the rear side seatbelts are attached? In particular, the strap holding them up so the belt goes over the shoulder.

The cars here have that pivot on the C pillar, which usually means that the belt isn't actually touching the shoulder...

Here you are for reference:

They are mounted rearward of the C-Pillar about 1/4 length of the rear quarter glass panel, on a seatbelt mount.

post-58974-0-16517200-1435798661_thumb.jpg

post-58974-0-22692700-1435798678_thumb.jpg

post-58974-0-95578200-1435798697_thumb.jpg

post-58974-0-68308600-1435798720_thumb.jpg

• Like 1