Ultimate Subaru Message Board

What Have You Done to your Soobie lately? (Please post in here and keep it going)

Ricearu

It fit pretty easily. I don't have all the supports screwed down yet but that's just a few holes to drill. Idk how well the manual will fit, plus you would have the 4wd lever to deal with. I plan on using the xt6 shifter to when I convert it to a 5 speed.

I "think" the manual shifter should fit. It looks like the e-brake just slides into place. My 5spd swap 4wd lever comes in at a different angle than the stock one. I'm thinking with a little cutting, make a vinyl boot to pretty it up, should do the trick. I should start a thread on this.

• 2 weeks later...

Lubricated the power window rails + motor + gears on the Loyale. WOW. What a difference. They're like new! Incredible! Don't know why I waited so long to finally take care of that one..

Yep, did that on my GL last year. Difference was night and day. Ridiculous.

• Like 1

Pulled my EA82! First time ever pulling an engine, and I regret not doing so when I replaced my clutch/transmission a couple months ago. Would've been easier if I had an engine hoist, but whatever. With me, my sister, and a random stranger that was passing by on the street, we managed to pull the engine out by hand with minimal collateral damage.  :headbang:

engine_zpsa1a072d1.png

Oh, and yes, I know you don't have to take off the intake manifold, power steering pump, and whatever to pull the engine. I did that to reduce weight (so I can pull it by hand), reduce height, and because I'm transferring that stuff to my "new" longblock.

• Like 1

New starter in the GL. Old one had been going for awhile. Was much more of a pain to get out than I anticipated. Took awhile for 2 bolts. Ugh.

Really? I can replace mine in 5 minutes flat, it's really easy access. Maybe that's because I have an ea81 swapped in...

Clutch cable and bracket was in my way. Heater hoses were in my way. Two other stiff lines from the firewall were in my way. Spare tire rack was in my way (that was easy to move though of course). Wire harness was in my way. Rubber boots on the ground and positive leads to the starter were a pain to work off. One of the more annoying things I've done to my car tbh.

Replaced the dead cassette player with a CB radio in my 1986 XT, used the stock trim and brackets.

gddr3.jpg

thats pretty slick! I tried doing that with mine but my CB is too wide and deep to do that :-/. yours looks good!

484006_10152121493255727_375017772_n.jpg

-Justin

Edited by crazyman03

Lifted 2in'

Luk Clutch, Valve cover gaskets, Rear main seal.

'

Went Wheelin

still truckin' ac still cranks too! I have put over 13,000 miles on her since August of last year. And I thought when you buy a 1000 dollar car it won't last that long.

"Fixed exaust leak" :lol:

Edited by snofool

Covered my dash in some spare leather I had laying around. Turned out pretty good. You can still see how rough the dash is, because the leather conformed so well, lol. It's a sight better than it was before. This is just temporary till I invest some time in perfecting my other dash.

WP_000887_zps1b81166f.jpg

Spots are from the windshield... don't mind the dust pan, haha

WP_000889_zps63b71e1e.jpg

WP_000890_zpsfff86c46.jpg

Drove my GL to work yesterday, and the rearend kept making random pops and bangs. Thought for sure that a CV was on its way out.

Nope! On the way home, the sounds were getting worse, then i started to smell, then to see smoke! Pulled over and the left rear hub was smokin and pretty hot. Got it limped back to my work.

So ive got some bearings to replace

New struts, Baja springs and Subtle Solutions 1" aluminum spacers on all four corners of my 2003 Outback.  Also added new tires and a set of White Line camber bushings so the rear tires could be kept within factory alignment specs.  New front axles and a four wheel alignment.  Gained about 2.5 inches of ride height all around and still have perfect alignment.  Rides and handles great too, really happy with the setup.

Completly canabalized my 93 sedan for an ej22 that was swapped into it to drop in my gl10... that is finished and the gl10 is now non turbo but blparts are now common and easy to get... sedan is being parted out in the parts section... lots of mods on that thing...lol