Ultimate Subaru Message Board

What Have You Done to your Soobie lately? (Please post in here and keep it going)

Ricearu

Checked to make sure that the trailer hitch was still solidly mounted to the back of the Wagon.

Happy to report that it is still solid as ever.

However, I'm not real happy with the very large bump and bruise on my right shin bone.

Damn that hurt....

• Like 2

1994 Subaru loyale wagon with a 5sp DR swap. Replaced spark plugs and wires with NGK's. Replaced all my vacuum lines and air filter. Pulled and cleaned PCV and hoses. Fixed my heater(gigantic rats nest in the ductwork). I also replaced my CV's on the front. Pulled driveline and cut the staked in you joints out, replaced them with some sweet greasable ones. Fixed slow passenger window.

Still trying to figure out why my dash light for the heater/AC controls pops on and off randomly. Oh yeah got some sweet red letter 4WD mudflaps.

Edited by Beaudean
  • Like 1

Swapped in manual steering rack. Removed AIS  reed valves/tubes/exhaust spacers. Prepped PCV system for up-coming Weber swap. Shortened/cleaned up some vacuum solenoid valve placement. Removed vacuum solenoid valve for AIS. No more power steering pump n hoses.

NE

'83 GL 2WD wagon

Got seals for my gearbox in. Input, front shafts, D/R lever, rear output. Just waiting on the speedo one, should be in tomorrow hopefully. Then I can put my gearbox together :o. Looking at adding neutral switch to it also.

Tom

Replaced plugs and wires.

Replacing trans mounts, have 3 bolts in the 4th is being the HUGEST PITA!!!

I'll get it in tomorrow or later today...I HOPE...

I got the last bolt in!!!!

Then I replaced the fuel pump and filter too.

Had to put the car up like this to get it done, at least the trans mounts are in and secure.post-38620-0-84722300-1422511168_thumb.jpg

@ dinky26

Just some words of caution here.

That is not a good way to support a vehicle with cement blocks. You have them on their side, where they are the weakest.

Always have the web of the blocks vertical, they are strongest that way.

I always placed one of the solid 4" blocks on top of eack of them when I used them. Have jackstands now, so no longer use the blocks.

• Like 2

I echo that sentiment. Get some ramps. That's scary stuff there.

How come you needed it that high just to change the pump anyway? Figure you can do it without really lifting the car at all!

I could have yes, I needed the extra room to get the last dang bolt in the transmission mount, the left rear one was the hugest PITA, finally got it though, then I figured while I had it up I'd get the fuel pump back to OEM while there.

I echo that sentiment. Get some ramps. That's scary stuff there.

How come you needed it that high just to change the pump anyway? Figure you can do it without really lifting the car at all!

Thanks for the advise, and I did know that fact just had a FART and blew it right off. As you can see I do have jack stands, they just didn't get it put it quite high enough.

Wired up my piaa back up lights and figured out why my cargo light wouldn't work (blown fuse) which was the last thing I checked. also decided that since I rarely have anyone in the back seat and have to have my front seat all the way back because I'm so tall it only leaves about 4 inches behind me for leg room so I took the rear seat out. I have a cargo platform I've been thinking of building that will cover my on board air compressor and be a sleeping platform for camping.

Don't worry dink26 with my Lift my wagon outgrew 2 of my jacks and both of my jack stands. I had to go to my big behemoth jack since I don't have a hi lift jack. I also put the stock tires/wheels under the back tires since I only have one set of ramps when I did my tranny swap To give enough room.

Edited by scubaroo84
  • Like 1

84 GL Wagon 4x4

Took front seats out and moved tracks forward

1 3/4". I'm over 6' and wow big upgrade. Took about an hour. Also removed the rear seat bottom from hinges, now I can fold the back down onto the hinge supports with seat all the way back and recline.

Had 84 Bruiser stop by the house and move my loyale seats back about 1.5 inches. Its so much better now. I really like the mod he did to his seats on his 84, especially the rear lower seat removal. He just removed the 4 allens holding the lower seat to the hinged brackets. The brackets are still there to support the rear of seat when lowered. Looks like Subaru planned for the lower back seat to be removed so you could level out the rear cargo area and still use the back of the rear seat.

I had no plans to ever do one. This is a car I sold two years ago to a friend, and it is still in good shape so It was kind of stupid to give up on it. So far it really hasn't been that bad to do. It only took me about 1.5 hours to get the dash out. Pretty simple, just time consuming. 

What Have I Done to my Subie, lately? ... Nothing too interesting.

Washed it Clean, Changed the Motor Oil & filter, and went in a Long Trip with my family on the past weekend, hunting for a set of (Used / Cheap) Wheels I need for it, as you can Read, and Vote in the Poll, Here:

~► http://www.ultimatesubaru.org/forum/topic/151383-low-budget-15-wheels-what-do-you-think-of-these/

Kind Regards.

Towed it. Girlfriend's Loyale driver's side timing belt snapped. Prematurely. No front covers for those wondering. Got about 40k out of it, 20k less than is the interval to change them.

Chained it up to my GL and towed it a mile to my father's house (drive way). Narrow driveway, can't pull it in because then my car'd be stuck, had to push it. Step incline at the sidewalk and lots of week old snow made this very difficult. Had to use 4lo and had both front and rear tires spinning but finally got it shoved far in to the back of the driveway

That's when the shifter popped out of place in my GL! took the console apart and fixed that. Timing belt kit on the way.