Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Favorite Subie

I have always wondered this..........

Is there ONE model or ONE year of Subie that people/enthusiasts like/want/cherish more that another year or model?

What is your favorite model and year and WHY?

I'll light the fire..........

My Dream Subie................1982 Brat GL!

The 1982's had the Cyclopes light---a truly unique automotive feature

Brat because they were just plain different to the US market.

I thought the early 80's (82) body style was the first time Subaru had come up with a car that actually had Style! GL because it had all the creature comforts as we knew them back then.

Glenn,

82 SubaruHummer

01 Forester

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have owned a 82 wagon 2wd.I liked the insturment panel.A GL-10 sedan.I wrecked it the first day "!%#*" idiot.It had all the sweet options.And now a sum what indistructable 92 Loyale.That I've owned for 12 years now.I like the body styling of this car.With the right wheels I think they look really cool.Plus it's such a usable/practical car.But I always drool over a 1980's RX. Newer ones I like are 2.5rs and STI of course.How can you pick just one! Brats are super cool too.My final answer is 80's RX one of the first 4x4 rally cars!way ahead of it's time!

My ultimate street sube would be a legacy turbo sedan or any jdm turbo soob that never made it here.

For off-roading, I think a mid 80s brat Gl would rock, followed up close by a wagon like mine. Though the hatches lower overhang would be nice.

My dream subaru has always been a Legacy Turbo Sedan.

Now that I have one, i dont know if I can consider it my dream car anylonger. I cant think of owning anything other than it. I just wish mine werent so beat up :(

Even though this is by far the best Subaru Ive ever owned, I dont think I'd choose it over the my '84, given the choice.

But yeah... the Legacy Sport Sedan is my choice... '91 model year prefferably because of the front end and rear LSD.

-Brian

I am partial to the cyclops too, that is just the coolest thing, and I feel that the earlier wagons have that soft but robust look to them, not to knock the new ones, man this is difficult, they are all really good looking in there own right, the boxy ea82's, the wedgy xt's, the smooth legacy's. I give up.

Hands down the 22B Impreza. Mine is faster and handles just as well but I would swap in a heartbeat. Now, would I swap my BRAT, NO. The BRAT is too personal to me and I could not swap it even for a 22B.

I did sell my Pantera to buy my first BRAT. And I would do it again.

Hands down the 22B Impreza. Mine is faster and handles just as well but I would swap in a heartbeat. Now, would I swap my BRAT, NO. The BRAT is too personal to me and I could not swap it even for a 22B.

wow, you woulden't swap to own probably the rarest impreza in the world? thats quite a commitment.

wait a minute , yours has a 163.4 mph top speed and can go 0-60 in 4.2s?!?!?!

I also like Subarubrat's other car. The 22b would be high up on my list.

But since I've never driven it, I'd have to say my favorite Soob that I've ever driven would be Sean of Rallitek's turbo'd 2k RS. Very fun car, handles like a friggin race car.

my 85 brat gl,why? because we bought it when it was 10 yrs old,have had it almost 10 yrs,and we just this yr. changed the oem motor in it,and the only reason we did that was because the tranny was GOING not gone, and the motor we got with the tranny was in better shape,has been a great truck and besides doing the motor this yr.(with ur guys help) the only thing major we`ve done in ten yrs was cv-joints,its been to indy and back dozens of times.cant beat em :banana:

Subaru:

betcha cant pick just one!

Hmm.. I've learned alot from each one of mine. I always wanted a Legacy. I only bought my 88 GL because I couldn't afford a Legacy at the time. I gave up the GL for the Legacy and after I drove it awhile, I decided I liked my GL better. I bought the Forester because it reminded me of driving my GL - similar size and handling and a bit of the sporty feel. Now that I have my 87 BRAT.. mmmmmm

Its a cutie, I look hot in it and its a bright, fun little guy. (even though he needs some new hoses that I haven't found the leak in yet)

my 90 loyale wagon w/ 4wd is hard to top. i guess a turbo would be nice but i've got more room that i can use, it will take me anywhere, it has the classic squared off body and it gets close to 30 mpg. it is the best car i have ever owned.

I'm with Nicky. There are just so many to choose from, the SVX did cross my mind first, but that would just be one of many. Now that my Hatch has a sterio, it is definately my most favorite owned Subby.

Subaru:

betcha cant pick just one!

Ahh..... Favorite Subie???? Honestly, I have only owned two Subarus but I'm hooked. My first was an '84 wagon which I greatly enjoyed but I feel was underpowered. I wanted an EA81 Turbo car but ended up finding an XT6 instead. I have never owned a funner car to drive. It is so quiet going down the road. And I must admit I love the sound of the flat six engine, it sounds quite exotic. And as for power, yes it has good power. Even the look of the car is starting to grow on me. I'm an offroad guy, so I can't wait to see how my XT6 will look sporting 33" tires this summer!

Mike

my favorite is a toss up between the brat and the ghetto fabulus 22b i want to make. '00 2.5rs with a legacy turbo shortblock, wrx heads, sti manifold and injectors, sti drivetrain, sti everything, roll cage, seam welding, gutted interior, monster sti wing (adjustable of course) and to top it off, gun metal grey prodrive 15 or 20 spoke rims like the old rally cars. and id paint it a bright silver with a blue pearl overtop. ooooohhh, i also forgot, carbon fiber hood, trunk lid, bumpers, and wide body kit.:slobber: :slobber:

After driving a 00 2.5 RS, 91-90 Legacy, 87 GL-10, 84 Hatchback and a 91 Loyale.... My favorite in that whole line up would be my 91 Loyale. I'm not sure why but it really grew on me.. And before it got wrecked last week by a sheet of plywood hitting it at 65 mph, I would have never given it up! sniff sniff :(