Ultimate Subaru Message Board

SOA Announces return of the Leone!

I just got a memo faxed to us...SOA has been needing a good econobox car priced from 8k-12k, 4wd, reliable and user freindly. Many of the overseas cars are too small or too ungainly and weak for the american market.

SOA in conjuction with SOJ are going to bring the Leone back into production with a newly designed EA82! All of the EA82's will get slightly different heads, new timing belt system, DIS+ engine management system....turbo charged engines are offered as an option across the line!

SOA expects 140~160 NA ponies from the base engines, and 180~200 from the turbo version, which will be AIR/WATER intercooled! :eek::slobber:

We will again be graced with DL, GL, GL-10 trim levels, and the RX is back in the sedan and coupe...yes, wagon/sedan/coupe is back!

Only minor updates to the overall body scheme to meet new safty standards.

Larger brakes on the 4x140MM pattern, 14" steelies standard on the DL's, 14 Alloys std on the GL. 15' Alloys standard on the GL-10s, and 15x7 Enki's standard for the RX's. SUBARU will also have a variety of affordable 14~16 inch wheels avalible as an option.

The transmissions have been fully revised. RX models get FRONT and rear LSD standard, and the Dual Range is back, also with DCCD-C like the 06 STi's get. The RX's will base price at about 16k.

AWD is standard on all other models, LSD rear is standard on all models on form of a VLSD rear...the center is the standard viscous coupler. DL and GL models have a Dual range optional (only a $400 option on pre ordered cars).

Thats all I can type for now! Just wanted to share the GREAT news!

I think I just shat my pants. This is awesome news, but will the body style stay the same. Will they change it so that there is less approach and departure angle. I wonder if they are even gonna have the same ground clearance. I'm basically wondering if they are gonna make it off road capable like the old ones. Or just a city wagon. I hope they put some offroad thinking into the cars. Or is this April fools.

I think I just shat my pants. This is awesome news, but will the body style stay the same. Will they change it so that there is less approach and departure angle. I wonder if they are even gonna have the same ground clearance. I'm basically wondering if they are gonna make it off road capable like the old ones. Or just a city wagon. I hope they put some offroad thinking into the cars. Or is this April fools.

ME TOO that would be the greatest thing subaru done sice the 80s

WJM - I think you had a little too much fun with that - it would have REALLY been painful if you said they were reverting to the '85-'86 model year switch setup :)

That was like having a hot chick come on to you then punch you in the face.

that sums it up nicely

this was spawned from the nasioc SE forum, when someone annouced the S203 is comming...it was really convincing too....until the usual NASIOC april fools day antics showed up when i went to reply....100 character min repsonse? I'm a mod? wtf?

It was good tho. Where's brad's AFJ?

ahh tis funny, but to be completely honest when i read it this morning i had it completely figured out how i would come up with the cash all in about 4 seconds... y'know, if they could do it, and keep the price around 10 or so they'd sell the sheeat out of em. out here in montucky at least....

Seeing as how I didn't read this until April 2, do I get to punch you in the teeth?

j/k

As I read that, I was totally believing you for a while. Then it dawned on me to check the date of your post.

YOU BASTARD!!! lol

LOL, same here. Man I was so happy.