Ultimate Subaru Message Board

New Toy... (56k < ej20)

Awhile back I sold my RX, with the intention of paying off some debt, and slimming down my collectiong because we are in the process of moving into a condo.

I then got a phone call. Telling me the car that I've lusted after for 3+ years was now for sale. After some long talks with the significant other, and some nights on the couch, this showed up at my house.

Ultimate_20RX_20007.jpg

That... was 5 looong weeks ago.

It was dirty, moldy, didn't run, and had UGLY wheels on it.

3 weeks ago it ran for the first time.

2 weeks ago I started driving it around the block.

Last Friday, I drove it to work for the first time.

Today, I put an exhaust on it.

Here is what it looked like last night...

Ultimate_20RX_20008.jpg

More Pics can be seen here: http://www.subarutex.com/gallery/v/Ultimate+RX/

<-- is freaking out

OMG dude!!! I've loved thatc ar since I first saw pics of it when Corky owned it. Glad to see it finally running and driving. Also glad to see that the new owner is going to be keeping this car no matter what (I hope). Its soooo hawt!

NO Dubs. Probally not any spinners either.

I have a set of '00 RS Rims waiting for tires, then they'll go on it. But that is a long way down the line. There are many smaller, more important things to be figured out first.

To Do List:

- Put in new seats

- Make Tach work

- Fix warm high idle

- Install Perrin EBCS

- Trouble shoot weird electrical gremlins

- Get gauges working (water temp, oil pressure)

- Get a NICE boost gauge, one that stays lit, and shows accurately (never buy Faze Gauges)

- Find scraping noises (brakes suspected...)

- Find high pitched whine/rattle (hopefully its not the turbo :-\)

- Put interior back together

- Get a professional tune on the Haltech

- Drive it. A LOT.

On my way into work this morning... I started out like this :grin:, then got to the big road and hit boost :eek:, the rest of the drive I was somewhere between :D, :headbang:, and :burnout:

On my way into work this morning... I started out like this :grin:, then got to the big road and hit boost :eek:, the rest of the drive I was somewhere between :D, :headbang:, and :burnout:
Does the new exhaust stay at a respectable volume or does it still sound like a freight train?

Does the new exhaust stay at a respectable volume or does it still sound like a freight train?

The exhaust sounds great. Its not as deep and rumbly as a lot of the WRX's that run around this area. It is significantly quieter now. Monica says it still sounds like a frieght train, but thats mostly the scraping noises (brakes I think) and that gosh darn high pitched squeel/rattle.