Ultimate Subaru Message Board

What Have You Done to your Soobie lately? (Please post in here and keep it going)

Ricearu

By the way, that fender looks pretty clean!

Thanks! I'm surprised how well if fit considering it was an aftermarket one, I used por15 on the whole back side edges and bottom, so I could prevent the rust for a while.

Yeah this one did, it was mounted on top of the dash in place of the compartment that's usually there, I have seen them on a few 2.5 rs's as well but they are a rarity. This is the 4th one I have ever seen. I think it was a dealer installed option. They are very easy to wire up, if you do find one just don't forget to get the temp sensor behind the grill for the out door temp!!!!!

My foz has one! First I had ever seen. It was part of the OUTDOOR package 2 on mine. also came with front push bar. which is also cool as he!!

It had the gauge, "brush guard" and forester logo?

they are really rare at $662 for the package...:eek:

My foz has one! First I had ever seen. It was part of the OUTDOOR package 2 on mine. also came with front push bar. which is also cool as he!!

It had the gauge, "brush guard" and forester logo?

they are really rare at $662 for the package...:eek:

Wow the package was that much :eek: I feel awesome getting a part of it for $50! As for today, I ordered 02 wrx seats for my 92 lego, and got a parts car, she's a beauty :grin:

6-7.jpg?t=1305146397

Wow the package was that much :eek: I feel awesome getting a part of it for $50! As for today, I ordered 02 wrx seats for my 92 lego, and got a parts car, she's a beauty :grin:

6-7.jpg?t=1305146397

does she have a blue interior? i need some goodies :lol:

She does, and I see you need a center console, but I'm using it for my five speed swap, sorry :-\, I have another blue one, and a grey one, but they are both for autos, and the blue one has a chunk missing out of the back of the arm rest... I can take photos for you if they will do you any good! But I won't be able to do anything until I finish my swap as I like to keep spare parts for when I break things :grin: PM me if you would like

-Shaun

It may I'll have to look! I'll post pics when I get it home this weekend. The inside is pretty moldy, but I think it will clean up well. I really got it for the pedals, linkages, cables, and console associated with the five speed swap.

I working on swapping out my whole drive-train from an auto to 5 speed D/R. I have the donor car stripped and now starting on the good car.

Its a lot of hard work but the 86 wagon I got is in really good shape and worth it.

:banana::grin:

http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q204/Easycz52/Picture145.jpg

http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q204/Easycz52/Picture146.jpg

I working on swapping out my whole drive-train from an auto to 5 speed D/R. I have the donor car stripped and now starting on the good car.

Its a lot of hard work but the 86 wagon I got is in really good shape and worth it.

:banana::grin:

http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q204/Easycz52/Picture145.jpg

http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q204/Easycz52/Picture146.jpg

You're right, that thing is looking sharp! Any rust underneath?

I was having backfiring issues and a continuing loss of power and hesitation.

New PCV Valve, NGK plugs, checked the routing of all leads, removed the little yellow wire from the coil (not a standard ignition on her, will be popping an E81 in soon).

Carb cleaner is my friend and I introduced most of the vacuum tubes of the carb to some.

Set her on fire...yes. Set her on fire...

While tracking down a vacuum leak at the base of the carb I sprayed a few times to be sure it wasn't a random surge and WHOOF big flames....

Reset the timing..

put a bunch on Kroll oil into the rusted interior of the Dizzy...

Then after all that irritated the whole neighborhood by tooling about with joy because she's suddenly feeling great.

Still have to do the valve adjustment..but waiting on Monday.

Removed the rotten trialer hitch

Mounted up 26" BFGoodrich tires (off Tom's Loyale)

Straightened the steering wheel out so it isn't at a 45 degree angle when I go down the road (turn signals shut off properly now too).

Better get some pics! I want to see what that thing looks like now!

I can't tell you how many 1st & 2nd Gen Subaru's I've had to do this with.

Had to fix this today.

hinge1.jpg

hinge2.jpg

If you have a EA81, I suggest pulling the cowling off and lubing their hinges if the hood feels stiff. You cant spray lube into where the arm goes, it wont get to the hinge bolt.

Straight piped my 85' 4wd wagon. 2" pipe from the y pipe back. No cat or mufflers FTW!

No catalytic converter.

D04DF994-orig.jpg

No silencer/primary muffler or whatever its called.

A3014702-orig.jpg

No muffler

DD84F279-orig.jpg

Straight 2" pipe!

66043878-orig.jpg

Edited by AK_Kev_007
Pics added

Straight piped my 85' 4wd wagon. 2" pipe from the y pipe back. No cat or mufflers FTW!...

Gotta Hear That! ...

I'll Like to Hear that Boxer like That, but let me Ask you Something: Old Mechanics in my Country keeps Telling that a Straight exhaust Pipe makes near to Zero Resistance to the Exhaust Valves and could damage 'em... Maybe is Something to Consider.

Kind Regards.