Ultimate Subaru Message Board

i am astonished

so the other day i walk past my wagon and my pants got caught on the rear view mirror. the mirror moved forward and when i saw it i was about to cry cuz i "broke" it :eek: . but then for some reason i push it backward and it popped back into place then right there i pushed it back with a gentle but firm push and guess what i have folding mirrors just like the new subies do. my wagon is an 85' GL. so now that i have this topic how many of you have folding rear view mirrors on your ea82 subies?

I have folding mirrors on my Brumby, its a 89 model. But my brother has the same mirrors on his 83 wagon... But then again, our 85 bits-r-missin had folding mirrors, and the 85 ford telstar had folding mirrors (until I rolled it down a steep hill.)

So I didn't think it was that amazing.

Murphy, the $500 87 T-Wag has em. But at speed, say beyond 60 mph, the driver side mirror would whistle. So, with the mirror in the normal position, I put so seran wrap on one side of the mirrror, and spread a small bead of black silicon on the seam where the two parts meet, and let it dry overnight. in the morning, I pulled off the seran wrap, flipped the mirror back in place, and trimmed the excess silicon with a razor. No more whistling. Now I can hear myself sing off tune whilst driving at 75 mph.:grin:

Both my '86 GL Wagon and my '91 Loyale Wagon have 'em. They come in handy when in tight spaces. (like when my brother tries to park me into the driveway by parking so close that his passenger mirror actually blocks my driver's side mirror if I try to back up...) Fold the mirror and back out (carefully!) Problem solved!

so the other day i walk past my wagon and my pants got caught on the rear view mirror. the mirror moved forward and when i saw it i was about to cry cuz i "broke" it :eek: . but then for some reason i push it backward and it popped back into place then right there i pushed it back with a gentle but firm push and guess what i have folding mirrors just like the new subies do. my wagon is an 85' GL. so now that i have this topic how many of you have folding rear view mirrors on your ea82 subies?

They all do!

my '82 doesn't have them...

my ea82's have all had them... even the '85 with the different style mirrors had them... '85-'86 were different than '87 on...

you'd think you wouldnt need breakaway mirrors on an ea81... those things are tough and really they dont stick out much past the body if at all, and who cares if you break them off, they're so tiny you cant even use them :lol:

I learned my brother's 89 3 door had them when backing out of the garage, and accidentally whacked the mirror on doorway. I thought it was gone for sure. :grin:

Now if only my old Toyota had them. I took it off pulling out of a wells fargo ATM... whacked it on one of those little yellow poles.

my '82 doesn't have them...

my ea82's have all had them... even the '85 with the different style mirrors had them... '85-'86 were different than '87 on...

Actually it does.

'85 was the only year of EA82(non-XT) that was mounted weird.

... '85 was the only year of EA82(non-XT) that was mounted weird.

...Yes! It`s True...

My white 1985 EA82 got those mirrors, even with them mounted down the cristal, also my 2.7 Project car does, but it got a 1985 doors mounted... (It originally was just a Parts Car for the other one, then became my -still- project car) so, both are 1985 loyales.